Full-Time RELATIONSHIP MANAGER – CHINESE PORTFOLIO- REF N: 18024359: LAGOS
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Job Category: Institutional Banking
- Position is responsible for the development and marketing of a growing portfolio of primarily Chinese related firms operating in West and Central Africa.
- These cut across the infrastructure, energy and telecom industries with requirements for loan products, corporate finance, sales and trading and Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) products.
- The job objectives are to deepen existing Chinese relationships, solicit relationship with Target Market (TM) customers and solicit new customers via proactive marketing of bank’s product and services to Chinese corporates across the Sub Sahara African region
- The above objectives will be achieved by working along with the TTS/ GSG teams as well as strong partnership with product and risk functions as well as leveraging cross business functional expertise to ensure flawless execution.
- The individual must be able to work under minimal supervision be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to develop, maintain and grow multiple relationships simultaneously.
- The expectation is that the individual will quickly develop adequate local expertise to drive the support and development of a profitable portfolio, and be able to travel across West and Central Africa region including countries of Cote D’Ivoire, Senegal, Gabon, Cameroon, and DRC.
- Manage the development of relationships to effectively meet the goals and objectives of Citigroup in Sub Sahara in the target market space. It will include leveraging on our existing China franchise/relationships and work closely with PAM’s, Relationship Managers of China to assess the investment/transactional Chinese flows into West and Central Africa. This will be accomplished as follows:
- The job offers the potential for growth and exposure, as well as a unique view into one of the world’s pre-eminent financial institutions in a rapidly changing / growing market.
- Achieve financial targets in terms of growth in assets, cross-sell and revenue target for TM names. Develop a list of TM clients, wallet size potential and develop actionable business plans and drive incremental pipeline origination and achieve the financial objectives as defined.
- In addition, the plan should also take into account Citigroup credit and compliance standards and policies.
- Partnership with Product and risk management to assess requirements and execute customer needs.
- In addition to product and risk, interact and co-ordinate across other important functional areas of the banks such as such as legal, compliance and operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years relevant experience
- MBA will be an advantage
Person Specification and Qualifications:
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively
- Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers businesses and in converting them to business opportunities
- Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different units within the bank in order to deliver good quality service to the customer.
- Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank stay ahead of competition
- Ability to engage customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing.
- Exceptional relationship and networking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Previous banking/finance experience will be an advantage
- Be prepared to travel
- Exceptional team and relationship management skills.
- Strong product and risk knowledge.
- Exceptional interpersonal and influential skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Should be fluent in both English and Chinese.
- Relationship Building
- Planning and Organising
- Analytical Skills
- Minimum continuous credit and financial analysis experience.
- Ability to recognize and exploit business opportunities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply
6 total views, 1 today