Full-Time Latest Job Vacancies at Egbin Power Plc: Ikorodu, Lagos
Egbin Power Plc Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
- Responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the associated endpoints.
- Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of databases, integration of multiple data sources and databases into one enterprise system and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for building and integrating front-end elements into the application.
- A basic understanding of front-end and cross platform technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to identify and propose areas for improvement.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Development of APIs.
- Build solutions across multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one enterprise system
- Collaborating with team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the business experience.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of critical backup tasks
Education & Work Experience:
- B.Sc or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related course
- A minimum of 2+ years professional experience in similar capacity
Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient knowledge of one or more programming languages such as PHP, Python, Node JS etc.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Good understanding of database management and SQL.
- Experience in ERP (e.g. Dynamics, Odoo etc) integration and/or development would be an added advantage.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Knack for implementing systems with security and data protection in mind.
- Good cross platform experience – understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Willingness to sit at a desk for extended periods.
- To assist in the design & delivery, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of staff’s learning and developmental needs
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery of all in-house training and keep up-to-date on all legislation impacting the company’s training obligations, responding to training issues and questions from staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support during in-house training and learning and development programmes
- Organize the resources required to perform training sessions
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees
- Keeping up to date with changes to laws and legislation and providing regular updates to the departments affected
- Continual refinement of training programs and course material based on best practice and feedback from others
- Monitoring and tracking training attendance at both in-house training and at external locations
- Provide accurate administration and record keeping for all training programmes
- Handle and provide critical support for all training activities.
- Responsible for I.T.F renditions and reimbursement; act as the operational interface between I.T.F and the finance team.
- Analyze staff training requirements, you will take into account their functional area, developmental need and competency framework and respond to their training request in a timely manner
- Liaise with the team leads and HOD and Technical L&D to build training plans and advise team heads on the most suitable training approaches
- Schedule the best courses and vendors.
- Maintain administer the training scheduling system and training spreadsheet annually.
- Collating data and reporting on attendance, feedback and training cost, to ensure data is accurate and up to date, to allow management to make strategic business decisions
- Assist in designing the training and development programmes, including producing the training materials for in-house training.
- Ensure that all statutory training requirements are met.
- Development and delivery of effective induction programmes for IT students and Youth Service corp members.
Education and Work Experience:
- First Degree or its equivalent in Humanities or Social Sciences related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management is a MUST
- Minimum of five (2) years post N.Y.S.C relevant experience in a training environment
- Must be knowledgeable about the workings of I.T.F
- Demonstrate the ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Possess a can-do attitude, able to find creative solutions to training challenges.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple deliverable and training request.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, with experience in other business systems.
- Experience in training administration or customer facing position adopting a customer first approach in meeting staff training expectations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, you can articulate clearly what is expected or required of trainers and partners.
- Highly accurate with good attention to detail, you respond to staff in a professional manner.
- Logical and structured approach required to manage a busy training inbox, filing, responding and tracking partner training requests.
- Excellent time management.
- Enthusiastic and embrace change.
- Must be assertive and approachable.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
16 total views, 1 today