Full-Time Finance Manager job at Amadeus Group
Amadeus Group – Way back in 1987, Amadeus was created to solve a common problem shared by airlines; how to sell seats more easily, more internationally and more cost-effectively. Amadeus created the solution. It was about innovation.
We evolved creating new systems and developing new solutions. We’re one of the world’s 15 largest software companies and we are growing, making travel, tourism, and hospitality more rewarding for people and business everywhere. 1.3 billion passengers boarded, 595 million bookings processed, €700 million invested in R&D…This is Amadeus and that was just in 2016.
Finance Manager – Req ID: 83128: Nigeria
Job Description Summary
- The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the Finance and Administration area of Amadeus Nigeria & Ghana, ensuring compliance with Amadeus policies and guidelines, with Local legislation, and maximizing the efficiency of the ACO financial performance by establishing & maintaining financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- The position will be based at the Amadeus Lagos office and the incumbent will be responsible for the Company’s Finance and administration operations in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Monthly reporting to Headquarters under IFRS;
- Ensure compliance with all local tax requirements: VAT, CIT, Transfer Pricing, and other local taxes;
- Monitor closely potential tax inspections, report on status; and
- Collaborate with external auditors for their audit of group and statutory annual accounts, ensuring that the annual statutory accounts are finalized as per the group and local legal deadlines.
- Should part or all of the transactional processes (Accounting, Billing, Collection, Payment, Treasury, Purchasing and/or Travel Management) be transferred to a Finance Service Center, the Finance Manager will instruct the FSC and ensure a proper coordination, as well and monitoring of the Finance Service Center performance.
- Accounting, Billing, Collection, Payment and Tax Compliance:
- Review customer contracts and ensuring the terms are legal and in line with established standard business practices;
- Ensure timely and accurate billing, collection and payment to customers;
- Ensure quality and accuracy of the Financial Statements produced by the company. and compliance with deadlines;
- Update Cash Flow & Treasury Forecast and report any deviations;
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements;
- Managing Foreign Currency exposure and recommending on mitigating exchange rate change risks;
- Maintain banking relationships; and
- Ensure that the cash-flow reporting to Headquarters is accurate and respecting the deadlines.
Purchasing and Travel Management:
- Review Supplier contracts and ensuring the terms are legal and in line with established standard business practices;
- Ensure Purchasing is carried out according to group procedures and to ensure a maximum return on Capital;
- Co-ordinate Purchasing in an organized manner, taking advantage of all global umbrella agreements where possible;
- Select vendors and negotiate prices and terms, taking into account customer needs and Amadeus policies and business practices; and
- Help in supplier negotiations, often taking the lead to achieve better pricing and contractual conditions.
- Supervise the ACOs travel policy, the travel day-to-day operations, and the traveler safety and security.
Planning, Controlling and Business Support:
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget and forecasts;
- Report to management on variances from the established budget/forecasts, and the reasons for those variances; and
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Controlling and Business Support:
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities;
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management (customer profitability, performance KPIs, etc.);
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management;
- Ensure that the Amadeus customer business case policy is correctly implemented and understood by the organization, ensuring escalation criteria is followed;
- Assist, guide and motivate team members in their assigned functions;
- Set and follow-up objectives for individuals in line with organizational goals, monitor team activities and performance and conduct annual appraisal interviews;
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication to team members regarding organization information;
- Manage procedures related to own area/department.
Building and Facilities Management:
- Participate in ensuring all of the offices of the ACOs are efficiently managed, and are of a similar standard of facilities across all branch offices.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of Nigeria and Ghana general accepted accounting principles, and of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of economic principles and auditing practices and principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, tax, legal codes and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications
- Advanced excel skills
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the finance area of a multinational firm and/or in a multinational audit firm
- Experience of 2-4 years in a similar position would be a plus.
- Accounting degree or equivalent
- Information and task monitoring
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Work well in a team
- Stress tolerance.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing. Strategic thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Good command of the English Language (Read+Written+Spoken)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply
15 total views, 1 today