Full-Time CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER- REF NO: 130-PEO00848, LAGOS
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is one of the leading eye care practices in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists. It is equipped with modern facilities, and supported by world class subspecialized ophthalmologists. Our client has a strong tradition of providing high quality eye care and one of its mission is providing better eye care to the less privileged. To support the delivery of its growth plans, it intends to recruit a competent individual to fill the vacant position below:
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be reporting to the CEO, Executive Director and the board; and will work closely with the CEO, E.D and COO. This individual will manage day-to-day finance operations, and will be involved in providing strategic guidance as well as ensuring the integrity of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. Other responsibilities include:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Employ a system of responsible accounting, and internal controls to ensure the financial integrity of the organisation
- Oversee and ensure the integrity of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, and Tax workflows and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Manage the budget planning and budget management process and ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with established budgets
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational budgets.
- Review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Oversee the production of ad-hoc and monthly reports, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Management, Executive management, Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversee and ensure implementation of a sound collections policy while maintaining good rapport with the community
- Work with Executive leadership to ensure business success through effect cost and return on investment analysis.
- Participate in developing new business, by assisting the Executive leadership in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Oversee all payroll activity for staff, and assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and a system of internal controls are in place to facilitate a clean audit opinion with no audit adjustments or internal control deficiencies noted.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs.
Qualification & Experience
- An advanced degree in Finance or an MBA strongly preferred
- ACCA, ICAN or equivalent qualification
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management or any equivalent e. g. CIPD, SHRM, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management role
Skills & Competencies:
- Analytical, organization and problem solving skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and Relationship Management Skills.
- Communication and presentation skills
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader
- A strategic thinker and self-starter
- Excellent reputation for integrity and judgement
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft office suite including Ms Excel, Ms Project, Ms Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software (QuickBooks and Sage preferred)
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should Click here to apply online
46 total views, 1 today