We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Associate Product Marketing Manager: Lagos – Nigeria, Johannesburg – South Africa
About the Job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As an Associate Product Marketing Manager (APMM), you will be part of the APMM Program, Google’s global, renowned early-career program. As the start of your career in Marketing at Google, the APMM Program provides the skills you will need to become a digital Marketer.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Execute go-to-market strategies and organizational coordination for feature launches. Oversee positioning, naming, external communications, competitive analysis, and feature prioritization.
- Use quantitative methods, models, and research to help Google better understand consumer and advertiser behavior in order to provide important feedback for the product and strategic development cycle.
- Determine return on investment for projects.
- Develop messaging, collateral, events, and assist with business strategies aimed at acquiring advertisers and publishers and increasing our engagement with them, measuring the efficacy of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in tech marketing, brand management, strategy consulting, working with agencies, or a related field.
- Ability to think outside the box and develop and understand strategy.
- Ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures, and scenarios.
- Innovation and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, leadership and written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of and interest in the technology industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Lagos, Nigeria; Johannesburg, South Africa