- How do I find and apply for a job?
Create your profile. Include as much information about your skills, education and experience as possible. You may be asked for more information later on in the process, but you want to make sure you make this as clear and as detailed as possible. Search for a job by category or company name. Click the APPLY NOW button once you find a job that interests you.
- How do I edit my profile?
To review or edit your profile, first sign in to your account. Then follow these steps:
- On your My Account page, click theProfile tab.
- ClickEdit next to the section you’d like to edit.
- Edit your profile information accordingly. ClickContinue to save changes.
- To update the Education and Experience sections of your profile, use theEdit and Delete buttons at the top of the page, located in the yellow box.
- To add another school, fill in the information and clickAdd Another School.
- To add a job, fill in the information and clickAdd Another Job.
- If you get stuck at any time, you can click on the Welcome button at the top right of your screen and then click on theProfile tab to review your updated profile.
- How do I make my profile 100% complete?
Having a profile that’s 100% complete helps improve your chances of getting a job. If your profile is marked as incomplete, that’s most likely because some details are missing from your preferences, work history or education sections. To get your profile to 100%, follow the simple steps below:
- Sign in to your job247sure account.
- Click theProfile tab.
- On the overview page of your profile, make sure that your Contact/Education/Experience sections are complete. ClickEdit to add information or make changes.
- Click theContinue button to save the changes and bring you back to the overview page.
- Why was my application rejected?
We can’t give you an exact answer because job247sure is not involved in employers’ hiring decisions. There are many possible reasons for your application being rejected:
- There’s a lot of competition for jobs right now.
- Your skills and work experience may not have been exactly what the employer was looking for.
- Are there blanks inyour online profile? Employers like to have as much information about you as possible.
- You may have made a spelling mistake. While this sounds like a small thing, employers tell us that this is the number one mistake that job seekers make.
Don’t get discouraged! Our most successful job seekers apply to 10 or more jobs. So get out there and apply, apply, apply.
- I didn’t update my profile before submitting an application. Can I change my application now?
We always encourage job seekers to keep their profiles updated with new skills and experience. Unfortunately, once you apply to a company, you may not re-apply. This is because our employers do not wish to receive more than one profile per job seeker. Keep in mind, if you were sent to the employer’s website to apply, you may be able to log into their system to make the changes. Your best bet would be to check their website first before you try to contact them directly. If you wish, you may contact the employer on your own, explain your situation and provide your updated information.
- Why do I have to go to the employer’s website to finish applying for a job?
Some of the employers who advertise jobs on our site require job seekers to apply on their company website. When you click APPLY NOW on job247sure, you may be sent to another site to finish the application process. Don’t skip this step! If you do not fully complete the application process, you won’t be considered for the job.
If you have computer problems or other difficulties finishing the application process on the employer’s site, come back to job247sure, sign in, and go to My Account. Scroll to the bottom of the page to view your applications. Look for the title of the job you’re trying to apply to and click Application at employer site to finish this application. Keep in mind that this link will take you directly to the employer’s application process and you may be asked to include some information included on your job247sure profile.
- Can I apply for a job through job247sure if I don’t have an email address?
You need an email address to use job247sure, but the good news is that it’s free, quick and easy to get your own email address. Gmail, Yahoo both allow you to create free email accounts. Just be sure to pick an email name that’s in good taste and professional – employers may not call you if your email is email@example.com.
- How can I delete my account?
Are you sure you want to delete your account? We cannot reactivate it once deleted. You must have an account to apply to jobs on job247sure. If you already found a job, we still recommend keeping your profile active in case a great opportunity comes along. Your information is secure. If your profile is outdated, just sign in and click Edit Account. If you want to stop receiving emails from us.
To permanently delete your account, go to the “Contact us” form and select Delete profile as your subject. Then submit your request. Please tell us why you’re deleting your account – if there’s anything we can do to make your experience on job247sure better, we want to know!
- Why am I receiving job alerts that aren’t tailored to my preferences?
The job alert emails you receive are based only on your geographic area. When companies have new jobs available in your area, you’ll receive job alerts if you have opted in to receive our emails.
- How do I unsubscribe from email alerts?
That’s easy! Click here to unsubscribe. Make sure the email address you enter is the same one that appears at the bottom of the emails you receive from us.
- How can I contact employers?
The employers on our site have asked us not to give out their contact information. To contact an employer, we suggest using your local directory, going directly to the employer’s website, or using an Internet search engine to find contact information for the location you applied to. Most of our employers list their address on our website, so you will be able to use that to guide your search.
Following up on your application is an important part of your job search.
- How do I change my email address?
Sign in to your job247sure account and click the Profile tab. Click the Change button next to your email address. Change your email address and click the Save Changes button to save your information.
- How much do the jobs on job247sure pay?
Some employers post the salary/ wages they offer in their job descriptions, while others choose to discuss that information in the interview. If the job you’re interested in has no salary/wages you don’t need to worry as you will have opportunity to discuss that if invited.
- How much does job247sure cost to use?
Using job247sure is free for job seekers. If you’re looking to hire employees for your business, posting jobs on job247sure is effective and affordable.
- What requirements do international applicants need to fulfill?
You should be living and residing in Nigeria in order to apply for any of the jobs posted on our website. Keep in mind that the employers are looking for employees who can come in for an interview and start work almost immediately.
With very few exceptions, international applicants looking for jobs in Nigeria must have the requisite documents and it is not the responsibility of job247sure to process this.
- An employer I applied to told me they’re not accepting applications. Why is the job on your site?
Because of the high turnover rate in paid jobs, some of our employers choose to list their job openings with job247sure year-round in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. These employers are constantly hiring new workers – however, they may not be hiring at the exact moment you’re looking for a job.
What does this mean to you? If you apply to a job and then the employer tells you they’re not interviewing now, be patient. We hear from job seekers that they get hired weeks, even months after applying. The employer has your application filed away and may contact you when positions open back up. In the meantime, please check job247sure regularly, because we add new jobs every day.
If you want to see when a job was posted on our site, try using the Keyword search tool where postings dates are listed. If you want to be notified about new jobs in your area, sign up for our email Job Alerts.
- How do I keep my account protected?
Here are a few things best practices that you can proactively do to ensure your job247sure account is secure:
- Change your password every from time to time.
- Don’t use the same password for all of your accounts.
- Select strong, complex passwords that can’t be easily guessed.
- Never give your passwords to others.
- Make sure your email accounts are secure.
- Sign out of your account after you have used a public or shared computer.
- Manage your account information and privacy settings.
- Keep your antivirus software up-to-date.
- Be wary of suspicious links, even if they come from someone you know.
Report any inappropriate content or safety concerns you see so we can be as vigilant as possible.
If we haven’t answered your question, send us an email or call us on 234-08034945012. Job247sure staff are available Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.